- Show all categories
- Warnings at Waverly Academy
- Ransom of the Seven Ships
- The Haunting of Castle Malloy
- The Phantom of Venice
- Legend of the Crystal Skull
- The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
- The Creature of Kapu Cave
- Danger By Design
- Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
- Secret of the Old Clock
- Curse of Blackmoor Manor
- Curse of Blackmoor Manor (DVDi Game)
- The Secret of Shadow Ranch
- Danger on Deception Island
- The Haunted Carousel
- Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
- Secret of the Scarlet Hand
- The Final Scene
- Treasure in the Royal Tower
- Message in a Haunted Mansion
- Stay Tuned for Danger
- Secrets Can Kill
- Dossier: Resorting to Danger
- Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses
- Online Download Purchase Questions
- Physical Game & Box Purchase Questions
- Messageboard and Website
- Instant Response
Cabinet (.cab) file is corrupt error is displayed
During installation, the following error is displayed:
A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file hauXXX.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt.
This error message may occur with damaged or dirty discs, or if the installer has problems starting from autoplay.
Check to verify that the disc is clean and try to reinstall by taking the following steps:
1. Put Disc 1 in your disc drive, but if it automatically starts the installation, cancel and close the installer window.
2. Go to Start – My Computer and right-click on the icon for your CD or DVD drive and select ‘Open’ (the game’s disk name may show as ‘Disk1’).
3. In this window that shows the files on the game disc, go to ‘View’ which is in the tool bar above and click on it. From the drop down menu, select ‘Details’.
4. You will now see more information about each file along the right side of that window under the ‘Type’ column. Double-click the Haunting of Castle Malloy.msi file that has ‘Windows Installer Package’ next to it in the ‘Type’ column.
This should start the install process. If you continue to encounter any problems, please see our Component Transfer/Cabinet File Errors page for additional information on resolving Cabinet File Errors.
Last update: 2008-12-31 17:32
You cannot comment on this entry